IgM ELISA?

Samoht samoht at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 21:22:02 EST 1994

In article <JCARTER.9.000E1848 at FHCRC.ORG>, JCARTER at FHCRC.ORG (Jody)
writes:

>We are having trouble measuring the amount of antigen specific human IgM
>n an ELISA.   We know that part of the problem is antigen specific IgG
but
>have not had success removing IgG with protein A (both the IgG and the
IgM
>reactions were reduced by about half).  Any suggestions?

Most manufacturers of in vitro diagnostic kits use goat anti-human IgG to
remove antigen-specific IgG before testing for antigen-specific IgM.
Naturally you would have to titer out the goat anti-human IgG to be sure
you are removing "all" of the antigen-specific IgG.  Hope this helps.