Inhibition of DSI Kinase by Influenza

fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 24 10:45:09 EST 1993

HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM wrote:

: I'm a newcomer to this bulletin board and since I have yet to hear
: from any of you, I thought that I would try to get the ball rolling.

: It is common knowledge amongst virologists that influenza, along with
: many other viruses , is capable of blocking the shut down of host
: cell protewin synthesis by inhibiting the interferon induced DSI
: kinase pathway.  I was wondering if there n is any new data and/or
: ideas as to how this mechanism works?

: Henry Putz
: Dept. of Virology and Oncopharmacology
: Sterling Winthrop Pharmaceuticals