Inhibition of DSI Kinase by Influenza

Tue Jun 22 16:56:43 EST 1993

> I'm a newcomer to this bulletin board and since I have yet to hear
> from any of you, I thought that I would try to get the ball rolling.

I joined this list 2 weeks ago and have been stunned by the total
silence! I don't know how many people are on the list, maybe its
just me and Henry :)

> It is common knowledge amongst virologists that influenza, along with
> many other viruses , is capable of blocking the shut down of host
> cell protewin synthesis by inhibiting the interferon induced DSI
> kinase pathway.  I was wondering if there n is any new data and/or
> ideas as to how this mechanism works?

I wish I could contribute, but I'm afraid my area is the insect transmission
of plant viruses (and the teaching of virology generally). Anyone out
there share these interests - (anyone out there)?

       Dr. Cris Woolston
       Dept of Applied Biology
       University of Hull
       HULL HU6 7RX UK