Prune Dwarf Virus

WILLIS at BCRSSU.AGR.CA WILLIS at BCRSSU.AGR.CA
Mon Jul 12 18:18:02 EST 1993

Hello:

	This message might belong in the methods-and-reagents newsgroup,
but is specific but is also virology-related.
	I am trying to clone PDV from single stranded RNA isolated from
purified virus particles. I have no problem with the purification but
am unable to clone it. I've been using MMLV RTase and random hexamers
and cloning into Sma cut pGEM 4Z or Taq cutting the cDNA and cloning
into a Acc I site (in pGEM 4Z). I'v also tried poly A tailing the
RNA and priming with oligo dT's but with little success.
	I would be very grateful if anyone could provide me with
any suggestions regarding the cloning of any ilarviruses (or similar
poly A minus RNA viruses). Thanks in advance for any help.
|  Les Willis                            |                                    |
|  Agriculture Canada Research Station   |                                    |
|  Summerland, British Columbia          |                                    |
|  Canada                                |                                    |
|  V0H 1Z0                               |                                    |
|  Email Address: WILLIS at BCRSSU.AGR.CA   |                                    |