Infectious plasmid clones

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 1 03:32:11 EST 1993

> We are in search of an infectious plasmid DNA construct containing the genome
> of a tobamovirus (preferably TMV).  Has anyone made such a gem yet? Is anyone
> trying?  Any hints will be appreciated.

Ulrich: surely Bill Dawson, formerly of Riverside, and now at U Florida at
Gainesville, would be a good person to ask?  He certainly has plasmids
containg full-length and engineered TMV genomes which produce infectious
TMV after in vitro transcription; it would be a logical development for
them to have engineered "infectious plasmids" by now.

Regards,

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me        |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |                                      |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."        |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |                                      |