I am a physician who sees musicians with a wide range of disorders. I retired from the full time faculty at Univ. of Nebraska medical center in 1996. Also, I write a regular column for the "Horn Call", the Journal of the International Horn Society.
I am revisiting the question of "Brass poisoning". I did an extensive literature search and review of the clinical literature in the 1960s when I was a resident in Denver. I did not find any real evidence of "brass poisoning" as experienced by musicians using nonplated mouthpieces. Recently, I have had people ask me about Brass poisoning.
I saw your line in Google. I would like to get your review of the problem.
Glenn V. Dalrymple, M.D., FACR
Adj Clinical Prof of Radiology and Radiation Oncology.
Univ. of Nebraska Medical Center
gdalrymple from tconl.com