fiestaware

Zach Rosen zbr at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 5 17:08:51 EST 2001

My wife and I received a great deal of fiestaware for our wedding.  Since
then, we have heard of the lead and uranium oxide content of "vintage"
fiestaware (before 1986 they say).  There is a great deal of heresay about
this (all of it, by sellers of the stuff) that downgrades the danger of
either lead or uranium.

As a physician (and in addition, my wife is pregnant), I am concerned about
the potential danger of the fiestaware.

Is anyone aware of any research that has been done regarding either lead or
uranium?  I am particularly interested in serum lead levels done in humans
who regularly use fiestaware to eat?

thanks
Zach Rosen, M.D