Anticholinesterases

Neville Gardiner ngardiner at altavista.net
Fri Jul 23 18:16:40 EST 1999

I would appreciate an explanation as to how anticholinesterase insecticides
induce death within the insect. Having purchased a significant quantity of
insecticide containing a cholinesterase inhibitor, I also wish to know how
these agents compare with the organophosphorous compound, dichlorvos. I
should point out that I only require information regarding cholinesterase
inhibitors since I am fully informed as to how organophosphorous compounds
affect physiological mechanisms.

Regards,
Neville.