pesticide residues in cotton processing

Michael Beale beale at ozramp.net.au
Mon Nov 16 21:00:49 EST 1998

In Australia recently there has been some publicity about pesticide residues
from cotton processing wastes fed to animals resulting in contamination of
meat from these animals.     Also concerns have been raised with me by
textile workers about possible exposure to pesicides at different stages in
the production of cotton yarn, commencing with the raw cotton.     Does
anyone know of any analysis of pesticide levels through the production
process of cotton?     Is there any significant residue of pesticide in
yarn?     I would appreciate any leads on journal articles or web sites
where such information could be obtained.

Michael Beale