RTCS database

dsg5 dsg5 at flash.net
Sat Nov 14 06:01:06 EST 1998

>i encourage all in the toxicology community, especially
>u.s. citizens to protest the removal of the rtecs
>database from toxnet.  it seems to me that charging
>for access to data collected by a goverment agency
>funded with tax dollars is a form of double billing
>and adversly affects the research community.
>in this case i think it also hurts employee
>safety.
>contact pubstaft at cdc.gov

Well, I sent them this happy little note:

Hi,
I found this post on an internet newsgroup:
--------------------------
Cross-post from the TOXLIST news server.

contact pubstaft at cdc.gov

I work with about two dozen hazardous chemicals and my employer begrudges me
and my coworkers even the most minimal of information regarding the hazards
we work with.   I've been trying to find more data on stuff like acetone,
cyclopentanone, cyclohexanone, and propylene glycol monomethyl ether acetate
(and more), and this removal of this vital toxicology database from the net
doesn't make informing myself and my coworkers a bit easier.

What needs to be done to get this information made available on the net?
Thanks,
--dsg
dsg5 at flash.net