IUBio

Pigs and Tweens (Polysorbates)

Alex Hornkohl hornkohl at miravant.com
Thu May 28 17:57:20 EST 1998

Hello-

I am trying to see if anybody has experience with intravenous
administration of Tween 80 (aka Polysorbate 80). It is not a drug but is
a very common vehicle for lyophilized drugs like amiodarone, for
example.

I have a few general references but very little useful info. Tweens (80
or 20) cause major problems in dogs when administered IV (hypotension
and big-time histaminergic response).

Any help would be useful, especially if you reply to my email address.

Thank you,

Alex Hornkohl