I am suffering from labyrinthitis. This started October 97. Among
other possible causes, I have been wondering about exposure to toxic
In May 97 I installed an ozone generator (Teledyne Laars) on my
swimming pool. Being in the UK, the pool is enclosed most of the year
with an inflated cover.
There is a lot of air circulation (because the cover is inflated with
a large air blower), and the only place where one can detect ozone by
smell is by sniffing directly at the point where the air bubbles come
up from the inlet pipe. According to what I have read, this level is
way below even the *long*-term exposure limit. And my exposure is
about 10-20 mins per day.
I once stopped swimming for 6 weeks but it made no difference.
However, if ozone is the culprit, it would have taken some months to
begin its effects, anyway.
Any comments would be much appreciated.
Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail.
E-mail replies to zX80 at digiYserve.com but
remove the X and the Y.