Dietary spices

Rohan H. Wickramasinghe rohan at ites.ac.lk
Sat Oct 11 06:56:46 EST 1997

Hello,

Some time back we presented a hypothesis that the regular use
of certain spices in the daily diet may affect the ability to
metabolise traditional (herbal) and other medicines,
environmental pollutants etc. We would be most grateful for
information as to whether there has been any support (or
otherwise) for this hypothesis, especially in conference
proceedings, books etc. The relevant reference is

1. "Spectral evidence of interaction of spice constituents
   with hepatic microsomal cytochrome P450", CYTOBIOS
   (England) 29(1980)25-27.

Thank you.

Rohan H. Wickramasinghe,
Institute for Tropical Environmental Studies,
41 Flower Road,
Colombo 7,
Sri Lanka
(e-mail: rohan at ites.ac.lk)