The New Bio Online "Career Discussion Forum" has just completed its first
week of operation. It is a fun newsgroup-style environment, in which you
are free to post questions, gripes, concerns and ideas to your peers and
colleagues in the sciences.
You'll find our new forum at http://cns.bio.com/hr/forum/
This is a moderated discussion, with no postings or resumes or open jobs,
etc, and in the first week the group has discussed the following thread
* How can I find a temporary lab research job?
* What impact will the recent US election have on the biotech/pharma job market?
* Should I get an MS or a PhD?
* Resume Writing Tip
* Where are the Jobs?
* Summer employment
* Some REAL Advice
* Temp and employment agencies
* Industry in Boulder CO
* MS vs PhD - Again
* Jobs in private firms?
* How did you do the science to business switch?
* Job application time?
* Bad Relationship with Professor - How to Recover?
* Computational science as a career -
* Salaries in industry
* Molecular Biology as a career
Dave Jensen, moderator
smi at sedona.net