Electromagnetic fields

Chuck Miller rellim at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Thu May 23 12:30:57 EST 1996

Wayde Weston wrote:

>Can anyone in this group comment on the potential human health hazards of
>electromagnetic fields of the sort generated by high tension electrical
>wires? I have always regarded rumors of such hazards as pretty much
>unfounded, but we are considering buying a house near a set of high
>tension wires and are wondering what the current opinions on the subject
>are. If anyone could direct me to some journal articles or reviews I
>would be most appreciative also. Thanks - Wayde M. Weston, Ph.D., Dep't
>of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University,
>Philadelphia, PA <westonw at jeflin.tju.edu>

I am not aware of any "strong" data for adverse health effects of EMF on
people living near power lines. A good place to find more information is
the bionet news group dedicated to this subject. If you access the bionet
news groups via WWW the entire contents of all the messages can be searched
with key words. Here is the EMF-BIO charter.