IUBio

help needed

Wendy Male p_w_male at tcp.co.uk
Tue May 30 17:48:58 EST 1995

In article <3qd83a$ldc at nnrp.ucs.ubc.ca>, minyee at unixg.ubc.ca (Princess
Amy) wrote:

> hi, i trying to compile some information on some toxics, and could not
> find either the mol wt., bp, origins, and uses of the following chemicals:
>
> indeno(1,2,3-cd) pyrene
> benzo (ghi) perylene
> di-n-octyl phthalate

Try these sites

gopher://129.48.137.2:70/00%5CConnect%5Ctoxlink.txt A list of  other Tox sites

http://atsdr1.atsdr.cdc.gov:8080/    Useful inks

http://www.osha-slc.gov/misc/toc_chemsamp.html   a catalogue of chemicals

Benzo (alpha) Pyrene

NM    :  Benzo (alpha) Pyrene
SYN   :  BAP; Benzo alpha Pyrene; Benzo (a) Pyrene; 3,4-Benzophrene;
         6,7-Benzopyrene; Diesel Exhaust Component
IMIS  :  0726
CAS   :  50-32-8
NIOSH :  RTECS DJ3675000; 18284
DESC  :  Yellow needles.     MW: 252.32    BP: 475 C     MP: 177 C
OSHA  :  See Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles (benzene soluble fractions)
TLV   :  Appendix A2 (Suspected Human Carcinogen)
IARC  :  Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans
PriMon:  MEDIA: Glass Fiber Filter (37 mm)
         ANL SOLVENT: Benzene
         MAX V: 960 Liters     MAX F: 2.0 L/min
         ANL 1: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UV/FLU
         . REF: 2 (OSHA 58)                SAE: 0.23
         . CLASS: Fully Validated (In conjunction with Coal Tar
         .        Pitch Volatiles and Coke Oven Emissions.)
         NOTE: After sampling, filter must be transferred to a vial
         with a Teflon-lined cap.  Sample must be protected from
         direct sunlight.
COND. :  Benzene extraction; Bondapak C18 column; 80% methanol 20% water;
         1.5 mL/min; fluorescence 280 ex, 370 em, or UV 254, 280, 365 nm;
         DL 0.005 ug/sample

Here's Benzo (alpha) Pyrene but I won't take up more space sending the others
You should find them on the last site suggested.