IUBio

Peer Reviewers wanted

Tim Fletcher fletcht at gov.on.ca
Wed Jul 19 12:47:17 EST 1995

The Standards Development Branch of the Ontario Ministry of
Environment and Energy has a draft document for Interim Provincial
Water Quality Objectives for 2,4-dinitrotoluene and 2,6-
dinitrotoluene.  The PWQO document reviews available data on the
sources, fate and aquatic toxicity with a discussion of
mutagenicity appended.  Based on this information, a PWQO for
protection of aquatic life is proposed following a defined Ministry
protocol.

Your assistance is being sought in providing technical peer review
comments on the PWQO document.  We would appreciate review comments
on the accuracy, completeness and interpretation of the scientific
literature used in setting the PWQOs, rather than comments on the
protocol used.

In an effort to broaden the base of our reviewers, I am using the
internet to find willing and suitable reviewers.  I am looking for
reviewers with a scientific background in aquatic toxicology,
preferably with experience in aquatic toxicology.  I am mainly
interested in those with academic, governmental, or industrial
affiliations.  If you can suggest other reviewers who might have
specific interests in the criterion or its implementation, I would
appreciate this as well.

If you are interested in providing such a review please contact me
by August 31 by E-mail (Fletcht at gov.on.ca), with your snail mail
address.

I sincerely appreciate your help in this review.

T. Fletcher
Environmental Standards Section