phredpar.dat question

news.more.net mec at stowers-institute.org
Mon May 12 09:46:55 EST 2003

so far as I can see the line you added does NOT match the on ein the error
message, which has an extra character that looks like a super-script "A"
after the word DYEnamic.

Otherwise, looks fine...

Malcolm Cook
Database Applications Manager
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E 50th Street
Kansas City, MO 64110
tel: 816-926-4449
fax: (816) 926-2098

"Pinar Kondu" <pkondu at attbi.com> wrote in message
news:tuGua.541371$Zo.115645 at sccrnsc03...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to the group, thrilled to find it! I have a phred question, since
> couldn't find a separate phred user group, I thought of asking for help
here
> as most of you are phred users probably.
>
> Simple problem, but when you cannot solve it, it is not simple. Sequence
> file is using Amersham's DYEnamic* ET Term. POP6 mobility file on an
> ABI_310. I am supposed to add this in the phredpar.dat file. I am adding
it
> as following but it is not working.
>
> "DYEnamic ET Term. POP6"        terminator      rhodamine
> ABI_310
>

> Here is the error message I am getting:
>
> var/www/html/seqanal/runphred/abifiles/perry.abi: unable to match primer
ID
> string: skipping chromatogram unknown chemistry (DYEnamic* ET Term. POP6)
in