phredpar.dat question

Pinar Kondu pkondu at attbi.com
Fri May 9 03:21:10 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I am new to the group, thrilled to find it! I have a phred question, since I
couldn't find a separate phred user group, I thought of asking for help here
as most of you are phred users probably.

Simple problem, but when you cannot solve it, it is not simple. Sequence
file is using Amersham's DYEnamic* ET Term. POP6 mobility file on an
ABI_310. I am supposed to add this in the phredpar.dat file. I am adding it
as following but it is not working.

"DYEnamic ET Term. POP6"        terminator      rhodamine
ABI_310

Here is the error message I am getting:

var/www/html/seqanal/runphred/abifiles/perry.abi: unable to match primer ID
string: skipping chromatogram unknown chemistry (DYEnamic* ET Term. POP6) in
chromat /var/www/html/seqanal/runphred/abifiles/perry.abi add a line of the
form "DYEnamic* ET Term. POP6" to the file /usr/local/etc/phredpar.dat type
`phred -doc' for more information
/var/www/html/seqanal/runphred/abifiles/perry.abi

I would appreciate if you have any advice.
thanks,
Pinar