[Plant-education] Tropical Botany Field Course in Costa Rica

Scott Shumway via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by sshumway from wheatonma.edu)
Sun Feb 7 16:48:24 EST 2010

   Please help spread the word about this course.  I took it two years
   ago.  The course and the instructor are awesome!  I highly recommend
   it for college teachers, grad students, upper level undergrads, and
   anyone else who is passionate about tropical plants. - Scott Shumway

   SHORT INTENSIVE INTERNATIONAL COURSES ON FIELD IDENTIFICATION OF
   TROPICAL PLANTS (TROPICAL DENDROLOGY) GIVEN IN COSTA RICA EVERY YEAR,
   SINCE 1993. (two weeks):

   June 21^st - July 3^rd, 2010(in
   English)                                          April 19^th   - May
   1^st,  2010 (In Spanish)

   Learn while you travel over Costa Rica. Courses given in 4 different
   environments (Life Zones) in Costa Rica. So, this a unique opportunity
   to have a broad sightseing of Tropical environments.  Highly efficient
   teaching methodology. Students are prepared to identify, down to
   family and important genera level, about 80% of the trees and shrubs
   in the Tropics. Visit our Website for you to learn about the course
   and read testimonies from previous students. Costs: US$ 1600.00 which
   covers every basis needs while you are in Costa Rica. Airfare is not
   included.  Visit [1]www.hjimenez.org. Direct contact: Dr. Humberto
   Jiménez Saa. [2]hjimenez from racsa.co.cr. Apdo. 86-1200/ San José, Costa
   Rica. FAX: (506) 22534963. Phones: (506) 2291-0862; 2231-1236

   Humberto Jiménez Saa
   [3]hjimenez from racsa.co.cr
   Tel. (506) 2231-1236
   [4]www.hjimenez.org