ecophys labs

J Franklin jenfrank at connect.ab.ca
Tue Feb 6 00:33:26 EST 2001

We used spruce and aspen seedlings, and allowed the roots to air-dry.  Water
potential and transpiration were measured at 20 minute intervals.
We also used the spruce and aspen in an excercise which determined the light
saturation and light compensation points for the two species.  Just set up
the plant in the IRGA and increase the light intensity in steps.  Record
photosynthetic rate and light intensity, and plot the results.  I have found
that this excercise works well to demonstrate the difference in the ecology
of the two species.

Jennifer Franklin
Department of Renewable Resources
University of Alberta