Photosynthesis related positions available

Ilian Simidjiev semed at everx.szbk.u-szeged.hu
Wed Aug 6 10:56:49 EST 1997

I am just before my PhD degree defence. I am working in a field of
photosynthesis. I would like if possible to distribute my CV across
the members of "photosynthesis newsgroup" in surching a PostDoc
position.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Ilian Simidjiev

CURICULUM VITAE
Name: Ilian SIMIDJIEV

Position:
Research fellow at the Institute of Plant Biology, Biological
Research  Center, Szeged, Hungary
 Laboratory of Membrane Energization
Scientific supervisor: Prof. G. Garab, PhD, DSc.
 Address: H-6701 Szeged, P.O.Box 521,
 Hungary
Phone: (36-62) 432232
Fax: (36-62) 433434
 E-mail: semed at everx.szbk.u-szeged.hu

Education:
1981-1986: Molecular and Functional Biology, Sofia University,
Bulgaria
 1984-1986: MSc. student in Department of Animal and Human
Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Sofia University
 1986-1989: Biologist in Institute of Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of
Sciences 1989-1991:Biologist in Department of Biophysics, Faculty of
Biology, Sofia University
 1991-1994: PhD student In the Institute of Plant Biology,
Biological Research Center, Szeged, Hungary Laboratory of membrane
energization; Scientific supervisor: Dr. G.Garab
 1994 - 1996t:Fellow of the International Training Course on
selected topics of modern biology (UNESCO - ICRO) in Institute of
Plant Biology, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of
Sciences, Szeged
 1997 - present Research fellow in the Institute of
Plant Biology

Used techniques:
Analysis of proteins - SDS-PAGE, Immunoblotting
Lipid analysis - lipid isolation and characterisation - GLC - and TLC
Spectroscopy - circular dichroism and absorption; partially
fluorescence Electron microscopy - negative staining, thin sectioning,
freeze fracturing - etching
LB films technique

Fellowships:
 1994 - 1995: International Training Course on Selected Topics of
Modern Biology (UNESCO`ICRO), Hungary
 1994: Summer school on Photobiophysics of photosynthesis, Liege,
 Belgium 1995: 10th International Photosynthesis Congress,
 Montpellier, France
1996 ESF Short term fellowship, University of Leeds, England
1997 School of Membrane Biophysics, Rovjni, Croatia

List of publications:

Istokovics, A., Lajko, F., Liker, E., Barzda, V., Simidjiev, I.,
Garab, G. (1992) Inhibition of the light induced reversible structural
rearrangements of the macrodomains and the phosphorilation of
membranes by quinone antagonists. In: Research in Photosynthesis
(Murata, N., Ed.) Vol.II, 631-634, Kluwer Academic Publishers,
Dodrecht.

 Barzda, V., Simidjiev, I., Vianelli, A., Jennings, R., and
Garab, G. (1995) Light induced reversible structural changes in
chirally organised macroaggregates of purified chlorophyll a/b protein
complex. In: Photosynthesis: from Light to Biosphere (Mathis, P., Ed.)
Vol.I, 315 - 318, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht.

 Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., Simidjiev, I., and Garab, G. (1996)
Inherent structural flexibility of chiral macroaggregates of light
harvesting chlorophyll a/b protein complexes. Light - induced
reversible structural changes associated with energy dissipation.
Biochemistry 35, 8981-8985

 Istokovics, A., Barzda, V., Lajko, F., Simidjiev, I., and Garab, G.
(1995) Characterization of the light induced reversible structural
changes in granal thylakoid membranes. In: Photosynthesis: from Light
to Biosphere (Mathis, P., Ed.) Vol.III, 265 - 268, Kluwer Academic
Publishers, Dodrecht.

 Simidjiev, I., Barzda, V., Horvath, I. and Garab, G. (1995) Role of
thylakoid lipids in the assembly and structural flexibility of
chirally organised macroaggregates of the light harvesting chlorophyll
a/b proteins. In: Photosynthesis: from Light to Biosphere (Mathis, P.,
Ed.) Vol.I, 115 - 118, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht

 Simidjiev, I., Barzda, V., Mustardy, L. and Garab, G. (1997)
Isolation of lamellar aggregates of light harvesting chlorophyll a/b
pigment protein complexes of Photosystem II with long range chiral
order and structural flexibility (Anal.Biochem. 250, 000-000, in
press)

 Simidjiev, I., Barzda, V., Horvath, I.,Mustardy, L., and
Garab, G  Effect of thylakoid lipids on the macroorganization and
dynamic properties of the chlorophyll a/b light harvesting antenna
complex (to be submitted)

 Simidjiev, I.,Stoilova, S., Holzenburg, A., and Garab, G. Effect of
the galactolipid MGDG on macroorganisation of light harvesting
chlorophyll a/b complex (in preparation)

Abstracts

Istokovics, A., Liker, E., Barzda, V., Lajko, F., Simidjiev, I. and
Garab, G. (1992) Book of Abstracts, FESPP Workshop, Szeged, Hungary,
p.43

 Istokovics, A., Lajko, F., Liker, E., Simidjiev, I..and Garab, G.
(1993) In: Abstracts of 11th Int. BiophysicsCongress, Budapest,
Hungary, p.193

 Istokovics, A., Lajko, F., Liker, E., Simidjiev, I.and Garab, G.
(1994) ESF Workshop on Pigment - Protein Complexes: Structure and
Spectroscopic Properties,  Program and Abstracts, Preila, Lithuania.

Barzda, V., Simidjiev, I., Vianelli, A., and Garab, G. (1994) ESF
Workshop on Pigment - Protein Complexes: Structure and Spectroscopic
Properties, Program and Abstracts, Preila, Lithuania

 Barzda, V., Simidjiev, I., Garab, G.,Zucchelli, G., Vianelli, A.,
Finzi, L., Garlaschi, F.M., and Jennings, R. (1995) ESF Workshop on
Light harvesting systems, Programme, Nant, France.

Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., Simidjiev, I., and Garab, G. (1995) ESF
Workshop on Light harvesting systems, Programme, Nant, France.

Barzda, V., Simidjiev, I., Garab, G., Zucchelli, G., Vianelli, A.,
Finzi, L., Garlaschi, F.M., and Jennings, R.C. (1995) ESF Workshop on
Light harvesting Systems, Programme, Nant, France

 Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., Simidjiev, I. and Garab, G. (1995) ESF
Workshop on Light harvesting Systems, Programme, Nant, France

 Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., Simidjiev, I. and Garab, G. (1995)
Abstracts of 40th Annual Meeting of Biophysical Society, Biophys. J.,
70, A 355

Garab, G., Barzda, V., Istokovics, A. and Simidjiev, I. (1995)
Photosynthesis Research, Abstracts Xth International Photosynthesis
Congress, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.

 Istokovics, A., Barzda, V., Lajko, F., Simidjiev, I., and Garab, G.
(1995) Photosynthesis Research, Abstracts Xth International
Photosynthesis Congress, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.

Simidjiev, I., Barzda, V., Horvath, I. and Garab, G. (1995)
Photosynthesis Research, Abstracts Xth International Photosynthesis
Congress, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.

 Garab, G., Cseh, Z., Simidjiev,I., Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., and
Javorfi, T.(1996) Supplement to Progress in Biophysics and Molecular
Biology, Abstracts of XII th International Biophysics Congress,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

 Barzda, V., Istokovics, A., Simidjiev, I., and Garab, G. (1996)
Abstracts of 40 th Annual Meeting of Biophysical Society, Biophys.J,
70,  A 355

 T. Javorfi, Z. Cseh, I. Simidjiev, S. Borbely, H. Amenitsch, P.
Laggner and G. Garab (1997) Abstracts of Hungarian Biophysical Society
Meeting, Pecs, 1997

 Z. Cseh, I. Simidjiev, G. Garab and E. Papp (1997) Abstracts of
Hungarian Biophysical Society Meeting, Pecs, 1997

 I. Simidjiev, A. Istokovics, V. Barzda, , Z. Cseh, E. Papp and G.