Thanks, thanks and thanks

GOVINDJEE GOVINDJEE at C.SCS.UIUC.EDU
Thu Nov 25 11:51:00 EST 1993

November 25, 1993
2401 South Boudreau
Urbana,IL 61801-6655
Fax: 217-337-6196
Today, in USA we are celebrating a long tradition of thanksgiving. What I
like most is that it is on Thursday. We give thanks for the abundance
bestowed on us throughtout the history. I take this opportunity to thank
the Personal Computers, the Electronic Mail, the Photosynthesis Network,
and above all our ability to send Courier Mail and Fax our stuff around
the World. I feel like a one large family.

As Editor of the Historical Corner of Photosynthesis Research, I thank all
those who provided us with the background on which we are building our
ideas. I will name some, and I am sure you have your own list.Here is my
list: Robert Emerson; Eugene Rabinowitch; Robert Hill; Bessel Kok;
Hans Gaffron; Cornelis Van Niel;Don DeVault; Jan Thomas; Mordhay Avron;
Norman Good;Hiroshi Tamiya; James Franck; Peter Mitchell; Ef Racker;
Alexander Krasnovsky; and Hugo Kortschak. I can go on, but I will stop.

When I grew up in India, our family had a tradition of revering, respecting
and thanking all items related to Education and Advancement of
knowledge. We day a day set in the year, and it fell 2 days after the
celebration of "Deepavali", the festival of light when we celebrated
the victory of the Good over the Evil.(Well, I have not learned yet to
send messages after editing it.So, you need to correct the second
sentence in this paragraph: " We had" instead of "We day".)On the
special day, we collected all our important books, good pens, pencils
, class notes and  other related items and prayed for helping us attain
knowledge for the benefit of all mankind. We will have to add to this
list fax machines,PC's and software programs now. This tradition goes on
in India in many families in a particular group of Indians. I remember
this day ea
this day every November.

Govindjee

I am sorry for my poor typing, but I hope you will get the message.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL AROUND THE WORLD WORKING IN PHOTOSYNTHESIS.
How sweet it is!