IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

[Parasitology] Re: Can someone refer me to a parasitologist?

JEDilworth via parasite%40net.bio.net (by bactitech At nospamhortonsbay.com)
Tue Jan 2 01:46:45 EST 2007

If it is scabies you must get rid of any stuffed animals or pillows. Wash 
everything with hot water. I'm not sure of the treatment for your skin. 
Check with the doc. They can do skin scrapings and look for the mites under 
a microscope. You CAN see scabies microscopically. Scabies is extremely 
contagious. The skin scrapings are usually done with a scalpel blade and 
mineral oil overlay to prevent them from becoming airborne. The skin mixed 
with the oil is left on the scalpel, sealed up in a glass tube and sent to a 
lab for microscopic observation. OR, the oil is put onto a microscope slide, 
coverslipped, and sent into the lab. Most docs aren't able to do this 
procedure very well in their offices, unfortunately, and they screw up the 
specimen collection.


Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)

"Peter" <diclidophora At yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:mailman.587.1167584059.19683.parasite At net.bio.net...
> Looks as tho he never got referred!
> Have you thought of scabies as the source of your parasite worries?
> PJB 

More information about the Parasite mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net