IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

[Parasitology] Re: Can someone refer me to a parasitologist?

Peter via parasite%40net.bio.net (by diclidophora At yahoo.co.uk)
Sun Dec 31 07:26:02 EST 2006

Looks as tho he never got referred!

Have you thought of scabies as the source of your parasite worries?


pearl.stone At yahoo.com wrote:
> Can someone refer me to a parasitologist?  I've noticed some
> microscopic parasite spreading in some of my clothing.  It is NOT I
> repeat NOT a bed bug.  You can not see them at all (even with a regular
> microscope) but you can feel them and they leave these little red
> bumps.  It seems that they are spreading from clothing to clothing.  I
> started noticing it upon returning from a recent trip to Vietnam.  Upon
> my return, I noticed that every piece of clothing in my luggage had
> these things in them.  Later, the spread began throughout my room to
> other pieces of clothing even new pieces.  I explained this to two
> military vets (unknown to each other) and they both told me they
> experienced this at one time too.  They both told me to use nail polish
> remover on my skin.  That actually seemed to work, but I have no idea
> as to how to control getting them out of several pieces of my clothing.
>  I've laundered them professionally, soaked them in ammonia, put them
> in the dryer, etc. etc., and nothing seems to work.  Can someone refer
> me to a parasitologist???  Thanks so much.

More information about the Parasite mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net