What avenues are available to me to have digital microscopy images analyzed?

Wilf Russell wilfr at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:21:28 EST 2001

wilfr at hotmail.com (Wilf Russell) wrote in message news:<a4904cfd.0106081519.e828639 at posting.google.com>...
> I have some digital images taken via a microscope of a stool sample
> that appears to contain some parasite eggs.  What path might I take to
> have someone analyze these and give me some idea of what I am looking
> at?  Keep in mind that I am not looking for a medical diagnosis, but
> am hopeful that someone might point me in the right direction for a
> correct identification.
>
> I realize that the canonical answer would be to visit a doctor, get a
> stool sample, and send it to a lab for diagnosis but that option is
> currently not available to me.  Also I don't think that many doctors
> are trained in this area in the US and, frankly, aren't all that
> willing to consider it as a possibility even based on symptomatic
> evidence.
>
> Can someone help?  Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Wilf Russell

For those that might be able to take a look at the images (please),
you can find them at

<http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/wgr61/lst2?.tok=bcilP9NBoO3iKARb&.dir=/WR+Medical+Stuff&.src=ph>

or go to http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/wgr61 and click on the "WR
Medical Stuff" folder.

Many thanks in advance -- I sure would like to know either way...
Wilf.