What avenues are available to me to have digital microscopy images analyzed?

Wilf Russell wilfr at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:29:03 EST 2001

I have some digital images taken via a microscope of a stool sample
that appears to contain some parasite eggs.  What path might I take to
have someone analyze these and give me some idea of what I am looking
at?  Keep in mind that I am not looking for a medical diagnosis, but
am hopeful that someone might point me in the right direction for a
correct identification.

I realize that the canonical answer would be to visit a doctor, get a
stool sample, and send it to a lab for diagnosis but that option is
currently not available to me.  Also I don't think that many doctors
are trained in this area in the US and, frankly, aren't all that
willing to consider it as a possibility even based on symptomatic
evidence.

Can someone help?  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Wilf Russell