My three year old was recently diagnosed with having the parasite
Dientameoba Fragilis. Symptoms included: fatigue, weight loss, stomach
cramps, and bright green to olive-green diarrhea. She was treated twice a
day for 20 days with medication but still the "bug" persists. My family
physician (who admitted to not knowing much about this parasite) referred me
to a pediatrician. After consulting with the pediatrician, he felt that she
required no further treatment but I feel if the "bug" is still there,
further steps are needed to eliminate it. My questions are: What are the
possible complications of having this parasite?
Where could she have picked it up (the rest of the family have tested
negative)? Any response would be greatly appreciated.