To the newsgroup:
I would appreciate any assistance that can be shed upon a situation.
This morning I was lying on the floor, and noticed a slight burning,
itching spot on my hand. I looked closely at the source of irritation and
could only see a tiny, threadlike object. I quickly grabbed my hand lens,
and was shocked to see what looked like a nematode or other worm-like
creature with one end imbedded in my flesh! It was about one millimeter in
thickness and 3-4 mils in length, with a clear body, and a dark line of
nerves(digestive sys.?) from one end to the other. I still don't have any
idea what it was, or where it came from.
Any help would be great. I am slightly aquainted with parasites through
college courses; could this organism be connected to our cats? We have
three in a rather smallish apt., and litter does tend to get on the
carpetting from time to time...
Phlappin' my gums,
So I give you my eyes and all of their lies,
Please help them to learn as well as to see...