info on parasite

Charles T. Faulkner ctfaulkn at utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Wed Apr 21 21:27:44 EST 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Dr. Peter W. Pappas wrote:

>The only way to get a correct answer to this question is to have someone
>look at these "furry, worm-like parasites" and determine what they are.
>Perhaps they're not parasites.
>

>Terry Wilkinson wrote in message <371A5332.A6B at mb.sympatico.ca>...
>>
>>NO AVAIL.  WHEN HE WAKES IN THE MORNING THERE ARE SMALL, RED, KIND OF
>>FURRY, WORM-LIKE PARASITES ON THE SHEETS.  HE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE IN ANY

	as Dr. Pappas  correctly noted the identification must be based on
physical examination of the specimens.  However, flea larvae would be high
on my differential diagnosis because they do have a furry appearance and
have a slightly reddish color. Perhaps you can take them to your
veterinarian for identification.

Good luck

     *  Charles T. Faulkner, Ph.D.                  *
     *  Clinical Parasitology Service               *
     *  Dept. of Comparative Medicine               *
     *  2407 River Drive                            *
     *  Knoxville, TN 37996-4500                    *
     *  Voice: (423) 974-5645  Fax: (423) 974-5640  *
     *  E-Mail: ctfaulkner at utk.edu                  *