Crypto decontamination

James L. Mau, Biologist jimmau at pathogenix.com
Sun Apr 18 13:43:30 EST 1999

Jim Wick wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a reasonably effective procedure for cleaning up lab
> spills of Cryptosporidium? Bleach? Concentration?
> Thanks
> Jim Wick

	Jim

	In a former life I manufactured Crypto. ELISAs.  While much of the Ag
source came into the lab fixed, we often worked too with raw stool
source and samples.  The first efforts at control was GLP. Not to spill
in the first place but, when that failed we generally just used 'good
ol' soap and water' to 'clean up' the mess.  While true this does not
'kill' the organism it did facilitate clean up and removal of any
contamination.

	How others cleanup Crypto might be a good question for the Crypto
listerv.

	Jim Mau