Killing Giardia Cysts

Stephen Kayes SKAYES at USAMAIL.USOUTHAL.EDU
Thu Apr 15 11:58:17 EST 1999

Dear Group:

Having read David Lindsey's comments about killing Giardia with heat, I was perusing CNN interactive news this moring and came across another Fort Dodge Press release that talks about their Vaccine for Dogs.  In the release they give some heat survival statistics (up to 70 degrees C, in one instance.  If anyone is interested, check the following web address:

http://customnews.cnn.com/cnews/pna.show_story?p_art_id=3626634&p_section_name=On+Target&p_art_type=1093841

Comments are welcomed.  The temperatures stated all seemed a little high to me.

Steve Kayes