Cyclospora cayetanenis

yersina at hotmail.com yersina at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:15:16 EST 1999

Acied-fast staining of feces can be used to demonstrate oocysts from
cyclospora(and also cryptosporidium that typically are smaller in size).
As I understand Cyclospora is basically affects the jejunum an the small
bowel. I am wondering how Cyclosporea looks like in other stages than
the oocosysts form. In my Atlas of Human Parasitology (4-the edition Ash
and Orihel) I only find pictures of the oocysts form. Dose anybody have
a reference to any literature describing (or even better with pictures)
of how it looks like in other stages (found in the jejunum)?