I just got a new catalogue from a vendor that I was not previously aware of. The company, Global

Stephen Kayes skayes at USAMAIL.USOUTHAL.EDU
Sat Oct 31 17:27:08 EST 1998

I just got a new catalogue from a vendor that I was not previously aware of.  The company, Global Technologies, [(1(888) 437-3900)] has a listing on page 117 for a 50 slide parasitology slide set that looks reasonably inclusive and/or representative.  I do not anything about the technical expertise that went into the preparation but perhaps a call to them and they would send you a slide or two for evaluation purposes.  If  they do, post back to the group and let us know whether they are worth the effort.  --Steve Kayes

>>> "Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D" <gmclaugh at iupui.edu> 10/31/98  12:36 pm >>>
Parasitologists traditionally accumulate and exchange good teaching slides,
but I do like to support commercial suppliers.  Slide costs are seldom
anything near salary costs, and good material is necessary for good
teaching.  Too many parasitology courses and clinical teaching examples use
materials collected from decades ago, whose stain characteristics and
morphologies reflect their age.

I have had good experience with clinical laboratory control slides and
stained teaching slides and specimens from:

Scientific Device Laboratories, PO Box 88, Glevniew, IL, 60025, 708-803-9495;

Trend Scientific, INC, PO Box 120266, 800-328-3949;

Turtox; and Carolina Biological Supply (misplaced addresses)

Probably others have other good suppliers.

Jerry

At 05:11 PM 10/31/98 +0200, Bruno Betschart wrote:
>I want to update and refresh our slide collection on parasites. I would
>be thankful for adresses where good  quality slides  are available.
>
>Thanks

Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept Pathology and Laboratory Medicine