EPM??

Alexander D. Hernandez adhernan at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Oct 15 19:36:41 EST 1998

Curtis Neil Edmondson wrote:

> Do you have any information on how the parasite works its way through
> the body??  I understand that once it is ingested by a horse, it
> penetrates the bowel and eventually makes its way to the brain or spinal
> cord, but how and why does it move throughout the body.  Is there any
> references that you could give me if you are not aware of how it works?
> Thanks,
> Curt Edmondson

If you are interested in how and why parasites find their way through a
host you may want to look up references by M.V.K. Sukhdeo.  Good luck!
You could also look up his web site:
http://aesop.rutgers.edu/~sukhdeo/index.htm
Best of luck!
- Alex
--
Alexander D. Hernandez, Program in Ecology & Evolution
Rutgers, The State University - New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8525