Baylisascaris and raccoons

S. Ray sgray at texas.net
Tue Jul 7 05:22:59 EST 1998

I am looking for some information that will assist me in identifying
Baylisascaris procyonis (common raccoon roundworm) eggs obtained from a
flotation of raccoon feces.

I understand that a flotation will not give me a definitive diagnosis.
Therefore, any help in identifying the worm itself would be helpful.

This work is being done to fulfill a research requirement for a science
education class.

TIA,

Stephen
sgraya at texas.net