URLs for you all

Dr. Peter W. Pappas pappas.3 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 2 05:13:12 EST 1998

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:40:24 -0400, "Robert S. Lewis"
<macaque at bigfoot.com> wrote:

>f at AOL.COM wrote:
>
>> Steve-
>>
>> I am impressed!  At 05:04 PM 3/13/98 -0600, Steve J. Upton wrote:
>> >Gang,
>> >
>> >I thought some of you might be interested in some sites I've compiled on
>> >delusional parasites, herbal remedies, etc.  My class has enjoyed
>> >looking at these URLs.  Although many of the herbal remedy sites are
>> >benign, it's kind of scary that some sites actually promote products as
>> >cure-alls for cancers, etc.
>> >
>> >Sincerely,
>> >
>> >Steve Upton
>> >coccidia at ksu.edu
>>

>I remember seeing a website for herbal remedies that declared AIDS a result
>of parasites and not a virus.  Fasciolopsis busci, perhaps? It said something
>to the effect, "If you take this and you start feeling better, YOU OBVIOUSLY
>HAD PARASITES!"  After spending several minutes in laughing convulsions, I
>e-mailed it to my advisor and he almost wet himself!  Hope I can find it
>here!
>
>Bob
>
>Robert S. Lewis
>e-mail: macaque at bigfoot.com
>The Monkey Room Debacle (http://www.bigfoot.com/~macaque)
>
>"The protruding nail always gets hammered"

The information to which you are referring is posted on many web
sites, particularly those that sell "zappers" and Hulda Clark's
cleansing program.  However, the original reference to the statement
that parasites cause AIDS can be found in Clark's book (Clark, H.R.,
1993, The Cure for HIV and AIDS.  New Century Press, San Diego, CA).
On page 1 of this book is a large picture of Fasciolopsis buski (for
some reason Clark insists on spelling it buskii), and in very large
letters is the statement, "This is the source of the HIV virus."  She
states further that "The HIV virus (sic) is an infection of the
parasite, human intestinal fluke.  It is not a human virus.  It only
infects us incidently when we host this parasite within us" (pg. 9).
So, what actually causes AIDS?  Clark states that it is benzene (pg.
5)  She suggests that the benzene we ingest accumulates in the thymus
gland, thus causing the parasite to migrate from the intestinal tract
to the thymus.  And, when "it [Fasciolopsis buski] establishes iteself
in the thymus, it causes HIV/AIDS!" (pg. 2).

For those unfamiliar with Clark's theories, she suggests that
virtually every type of disease is caused by parasites, Fasciolopsis
buski in particular.  In another of her books, "The Cure for All
Cancers," she states, "All cancer patients (100%) have isopropyl
alcohol and the intestinal fluke in their livers.  The solvent,
isopropyl alcohol, is responsible for letting the fluke establish
itself in the liver.  In order to get cancer, you must have both the
parasite and isopropyl alcohol in your body."  Furthermore, she
states, "We all have tapeworm stages in our bodies, probably going
back to childhood when we ate dirt.  Every tumor, benign or malignant,
has a tapeworm stage in the middle of it, even including warts.
Growing a tumor around a tapeworm stage may be Nature's way of
protecting us from it!"  Based on these hypotheses, Clark states in
all three of her books (the third is "The Cure for All Diseases") that
virtually any disease can be cured by getting rid of parasites (F.
buski, in particular) and detoxifying the body of things such as
isopropyl alcohol and benzene.  In support of these hypotheses, Clark
provides many testimonials from people claiming to have been "cured"
of everything from severe allergies to AIDS.  Are there any
experimental data to support Clark's hypotheses?  None that I know of.