Need information concerning eye fluke.

Luis C. Muniz lmuniz at netgate.com.br
Fri Jun 20 11:39:03 EST 1997

Dear Jolyon Claridge:

I hope that it can helps you:

I'm a researcher from Instituto Oswaldo Cruz - Brasil, and working with
digeneans I have a paper on bird eyefluke - Philophthalmus gralli -
(1993 - Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Vol. 88(4):567-569). I Know
that your case is related with fish, but I have a reference from the
literature (Nollen & Murray, 1978. J. of Parasitol. 64, 178-180), that
Geese were treated as: anesthetizing the eye with 0.5% ophthaine, by one
or two drops of creoline, with no eye damege observed after this
treatment.

Regards,

Luis C. Muniz