Fleas and Humen

Omar O. Barriga barriga.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 28 00:10:22 EST 1997

>Can any one give me some information about fleas that attack humen
>(and NOT pets)?
>A friend of mine seems to have caught  them and he could not find any
>information
>about these creatures (Doctors claim they have disappeared from the world
>since 1945).

>Any information?

>Thanks,
>Yigal

I assume you mean *humans*
Fleas are not very host specific. They will attack almost any host that is
nearby if they are hungry. Actually, the so-called human fea is Pulex irritans
but the flea most commonly found in humans is Ctenocephalides felis that is
commonly called the "cat flea."
	Cheers!
			Omar O. Barriga