Call for moderation of this group

Mark Siddall msiddall at umich.edu
Tue Jul 8 10:50:11 EST 1997

At present the newsgroup bionet.parasitology is not moderated.   What
this means is that anyone can post anything to the newsgroup.

Unfortunately this includes any yahoo with a get rich quick scheme,
something to sell, or offensive material.

Because many browsers will support news-viewing with attachments [like
the one attached here], I suspect it will not take too long before some
anonymous jerk starts placing his idea of "art" on this newsgroup.

The potential for damage when some 6th grade student is browsing through
bionet.parasitology looking to learn about parasites is obvious.

The only way around this is to have someone moderate the group.

I think that we need to consider this.  But, no, I do not have the time
to act as moderator myself.

Sincerely,
Mark