I've just finished reading the thread re: the parasite in the vein and
couldn't help but notice how very quickly in the correspondence that the
parasitologists who responded to Claire became psychiatrists. I would
like to point out that the learned researchers (or physicians) are
limited to their own experiences and education and that in this world not
everything is yet known. Why do they so quickly jump to the conclusion
that this person has parasitosis? They do so because they have determined
that it is more than likely that the patient has already visited a
physician (or two or three) and that the physician probably hadn't been
able to determine the existence of a parasite, therefore the homeopathic
approach. Part of the description of parasitosis is that a person with
this "disease" generally has seen a number of physicians none of which
had made a diagnosis. The assumption made here is that since nobody has
seen this parasite then it doesn't really exist. How seriously do you
think that anyone is going to take this patient after this diagnosis?
My feeling is that there probably are many parasites or fungi (or
whatever) that have slipped the eye of doctors and researchers and that
the diagnosis of parasitosis is for the most part counter- productive.
Myself and my fiance have been afflicted with something resembling a
parasite for the last two and a half years. It is also in our house,
clothes etc. We have been to clinics and dermatologists and have had some
of the best in health care "glance" at us. As our conditions have
worsened we visited doctor after doctor expecting that eventually one
would become interested in our symptoms would order stool samples and
blood tests, skin samples, anything. Not a chance. They took "our
samples" (of what we didn't know) and sent them out to a lab where there
were no parasites found. Even though the lab indicated that there were a
number of unusual occurences (thickening of scalp, etc.) these things
could have been as a result of the patient's own rubbing or probing and
therefore the logical conclusion is that the parasite must not exist. My
feeling is that the diagnosis of "parasitosis" is a professional way of
saying "I don't know" and am too busy to try and find out.
Therefore, I believe that most cases diagnosed as parasitosis are
diagnosed by physicians and not by psychologists, and that they are
most likely misdiagnosed.
By the way, our symptoms include hair loss, a whitish substance which
blends in with the scalp and skin and which has little holes in it and
which also has very long hairs, still growing, buried in it. We have
found, seemingly in abundance both in our environment and in our hair,
small beetles (staphylinidae) and most recently small,flat, reddish-brown
organisms about the size of an eyelash (some have been larger) which also
have little hairs or spikes equally distributed along each side from
one end to the other. We get itchiness, enexplained sores,cuts, swelling
under (or of) the skin, a buildup of an oily substance on our skin and in
our environment, and an exceptional amount of debri in our hair. Our
house and clothes require constant cleaning from the unusual amount (and
quality) of lint and s sticky, orange/brown substance that is everywhere.
My granddaughters each seem to have similar things happening to them and
we're somewhat concerned about where this is leading us.
Thanks for letting me air my thoughts.
e-mail> dougzen at humboldt1.com