Specific questions about cryptosporidium::
1. Can farm animal production adjacent to natural surface waters increase
the pathogen (cryptosporidium and giardia) count (oocyst).
2. How effective is waste water treatment in hog processing plants at
removing these pathogens.
3. Does increase of pathogen count in natural surface water increase the
risk of infection for users of drinking water derived from this source.
4. Does age of animal (swine) correlate with the generation of pathogens
in the waste stream.
5. At swine slaughtering age is the animal more or less likely to be
infected with cryptosporidium or giardia.
Process Control Department Head