need help - T. lewisi blood

Tigerfan tigerfan at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 10:27:20 EST 1995

I'm a graduate student in veterinary parasitology at Purdue University and
 am responsible for teaching the laboratory portion of the courses for 2nd
year DVM students.  In 2 weeks, we have scheduled a lab on
hemoflagellates.  In addition to the prepared 1x3 glass slides of blood
smears which the students have in their slide sets, we would like to have
blood available so students can do their own thin smears.  Rather than
order (for one laboratory exercise) a Trypanosoma lewisi-infected rat from
Carolina Biological, I would like to communicate with someone who works
with, or has access to, any of the non-pathogenic trypanosomes such as T.
lewisi in rats or T. theileri in cattle.  All I need is 2 ml of blood in
an EDTA (purple top) tube.  Ideally, I would like to get it in a couple
weeks, but later is more than OK.  Will return the favor any way I can.
Thanks in advance, colleagues.

Bob Garrison
Dept. of Veterinary Pathobiology
Purdue University