Crypto testing

PRESTWOOD.A at CALC.VET.UGA.EDU PRESTWOOD.A at CALC.VET.UGA.EDU
Mon May 22 06:18:52 EST 1995

I have no idea how many tests for Crypto and Giardia are performed
annually in the USA, but, based on the queries to our Clinical
Parasitology Laboratory, there is a large demand.  During the past
few years we have seen more and more Crypto and Giardia in livestock
(mainly calves, but also horses, etc.) and hear of many cases in
human beings.  Many of the local physicians recommend that well water
be tested and that streams, rivers, and lakes be tested since they
suspect that these were the source of infection.
Annie K. Prestwood, DVM
The University of Georgia