The Organizing Committee for the 9th International Conference on
Trichinellosis invites you to this Conference, which will be held in
Mexico City, from the 19th to 22nd of August, 1996.
The Program of the Conference has been designed to achieve the main
purposes of the International Commission on Trichinellosis: to promote
and encourage basic and applied research on trichinellosis and the active
interaction between research groups. We invite you to submit abstracts
and to participate in discussions at what will be a very informative and
The Scientific Program will be organized in Plenary Sessions. These will
include Workshops and organized Discussions on all contributing papers
that will be presented as posters. The following topics are proposed:
1. Biology: a) Host parasite relationship; b) Physiology and
Biochemistry; c) Parasite genetics and speciation; d) Molecular Biology;
2. Experimental and Applied Immunology: a) Immunity and immune responses;
b) Immunogenetics; c) Antigenic analysis; d) Diagnosis; e) Vaccines.
3. Pathology: a) Experimental pathology; b) Clinical pathology; c) Treatment.
4. Epidemiology: a) Transmission in domestic and wild animals; b)
5. Control. a) Public Health aspects; b) Legislation.
To receive further information on the Conference and to be included in
the mailing list please reply to this announcement and provide your
ict9 at gene.cinvestav.mx