[Neuroscience] Re: Rv: LTP mouse in submerged chamber

Thu Nov 12 19:30:16 EST 2009

When it comes to the induction of LTP, people report different
kinetics. I don't think you're problem is the flow rate. 2-3 mL/min is
fine. I think the problem is the bubbles. You're causing electrolytic
lessons. The easiest way to stop the bubbles is to use a glass
microelectrode (500kOhm-2MOhm) filled with aCSF as your stimulating
electrode. Your pulses also seem quite strong (and long). You should
be able to evoke pretty good fEPSPs without resorting to such extreme
stimulus strengths. Finally, 100Hz for 1 second? Have you thought of
switching to a theta burst type paradigm? Most people report stronger
and more stable LTP with theta burst type stimuli.