[Neuroscience] PhD. position at Bioengineering group, CSIC - Spain
erocon from gmail.com
(by erocon from gmail.com)
Tue Jul 22 06:14:18 EST 2008
PhD Position and Work description
A Ph.D. position is available in the Bioengineering Group of the
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Spain. The selected
candidate will work in the framework of both international and Spanish
projects in the area of BCI.
The selected candidate will work in
· New experimental paradigms, signal processing techniques, and
pattern recognition procedures to model brain activity and to on-line
detect mental states from spontaneous EEG signals.
· Implemention of Electroencephal ography (EEG)-based brain-
computer interfaces (BCIs).
· Application of BCIs to compensate or restore human lost
functionalities, particularly the suppression of tremor.
This work is part of two European and National funded projects, and it
will be carried out in a dynamic Bioengineering group leading world-
class research on Human Functionality.
Candidates must have an outstanding academic record and a University
degre e in one of the following specialties: Physics, Electronic
Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering,
or Electrical Engineering.
The profile of the candidate should cover as much as possible the
following distinctive features:
- Strong background on one or some of the following
techniques: Digital Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, System
Modeling, and Measurement and Instrumentation.
- Programming experience in MATLAB©
- High motivation for research, originality and initiative
- Fluent in English, or fluent in Spanish plus good written
and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
Interested applicants should send their CV by e-mail to:
E. Rocon, erocon from iai.csic.es
More information about the Neur-sci
Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net