[Neuroscience] intracerebral injection

Matthew Kirkcaldie via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by Matthew.Kirkcaldie from removeutas.removeedu.au)
Tue Aug 26 04:19:22 EST 2008

In article <mailman.1272.1219720797.3533.neur-sci from net.bio.net>,
 Francois Windels <f.windels from uq.edu.au> wrote:

> i'm doing intracerebral injection in small animals using the device on  
> the picture attached to figure out the volume of injection.
> i need to buy another one of those but i'd like first to identify it.
> it has a vernier scale on the Z axis and an optic attached to it, it's  
> good enough to see the liquid meniscus in a glass pipette
> does someone know the name of such device ?

No picture came through, but injecting a small volume usually requires a 
Hamilton syringe. They have a conventional hollow needle but use a fine 
wire as a piston inside it, and can accurately deliver tiny volumes.

Any smaller and you would need a picospritzer.
** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net