[Neuroscience] Movement and the Brain

neil sharp via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by neilsharp from gmx.co.uk)
Fri Mar 23 13:29:30 EST 2007

I have heard that "during waking 96-98% of our brain's activity is concerned with movement". Obviously given the part that vision, the vestibular apparatus and proprioception play in our sense of self in space and the view that perception is a simulation of action, neural activity related to movement is proportionatley large.

Does anyone have a reference for such a percentage statement and view on what "98% of brain activity" means.

Thanks,
Neil
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out