[Neuroscience] A commen voltage-sensitive cation-channel in a single-cell organisme 1.4 billion years ago.

Michael Weber via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by no from more.spam)
Mon Mar 19 16:32:58 EST 2007

Hi.

In relations to neural networks in comp. science,
I am reading "Principles of Neural Science" by Kandel/Schwartz/Jessell.

In it it mentions (on page 164) that there is evidence that
voltage-sensitive cation-channels
stems from a commen ancestral channel that can be traced back to a
single-cell organisme that
lived 1.4 billions years ago.
Unfortunably it does not mention the name of that organisme.

Do anyone know the name of that single-celled organisme ?
( Just the name would be fine so I have something concrete "to google" on)

Best regards
Michael Weber